Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2 of 365

It only took two days into the New Year and my photo a day resolution to get to the point where I shot just one subject and let that stand as my shot of the day. (We're still awaiting the first instance of "taking a picture just to fulfill the daily quota," however, because I would've taken this photo based on the dilapidated building under any circumstances. But I'm also not sure I would've had the camera in the front console of the car, ready to grab and take a quick shot, had I not set this ambitious goal for myself this year. So it's already paying off.

We were getting gas at a Sunoco station on Tremont St. in Boston's South End and I looked across the road at this boarded-up building on the corner of Tremont and Northampton St. I couldn't find much on these former stores online, though another Flickr user doesn't think Fred & Emma's has been open for some time. I'll have to ask Bryan if he knows anything about it, but he's only lived in the neighborhood for a little more than a year.

No comments: