Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18 of 365

I drove into work for the first time since mid-November and it was a breeze. Thirty minutes, door to desk, on account of a clear path into the Lincoln Tunnel, no traffic in the city and a parking space one block from my office.

I figured I'd have more time to snap a photo or two at the tunnel, but I only managed three, and none came out quite like I wanted. This one was the closest, though, and it reminds me of a long exposure I took on New Year's Eve 1999, when I secured my SLR and tripod to the passenger seat of my '86 Volvo and held the cable release in my hand as I approached a Garden State Parkway toll plaza. The multi-second exposure produced some cool effects.

And this look back has produced more remorse that I haven't scanned more film frames into my computer. Must get back to that.

No comments: