Friday, August 12, 2011

"The last spring," New Jersey, April 2011


Spring, finally, originally uploaded by DC Products.
I took this photo in the spring on my walk to the train. The tree in full bloom with the cloud-dusted sky and the church steeple -- not to mention the late-afternoon light -- just caught my eye. It was a beautiful sight, a wonderful opening to spring and the promise of the weather to come.

On my walk today, I neared the church and felt something was amiss ... and then I saw it. Or, rather, didn't see it. The tree; it's gone. It's the second tree from in front of the church that has disappeared since we moved to the block, the first one cut down after half of it was damaged in a wind storm. I hadn't noticed any recent problems with this one, so I hope it was some sort of hidden disease or another problem not noticeable to casual passers-by and not simply because someone didn't want it there anymore.

1 comment:

dfbbhbjbi3 said...

Italian cuisine is akin to a canvas painted with the colors of fresh tomatoes, basil leaves, and drizzles of golden olive oil. The art of crafting Italian dishes lies not just in the ingredients but in the meticulous balance of flavors. Whether it’s the rustic charm of a hearty lasagna or the delicate touch of a tiramisu, Italian chefs weave magic into every dish. Exploring Italian gastronomy is embarking on a flavorful odyssey that leaves an indelible mark on your taste buds. https://madeinnewyorkpizza.com/upper-west-side-pizza/