Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 286 of 365

I regularly see the signs posted along sidestreets throughout Manhattan -- no parking on a certain day because of a film shoot. But I don't see the actual production taking place nearly as often -- maybe once every 10 times I see the signs. That tends to happen because I'm either off on the day of filming and therefore not in New York, or I only see the trailers lining the streets, with the actual filming taking place somewhere else, around a corner on a different street.

But a day after seeing the "Nurse Jackie" signs posted, I came walking along that same route the next day and spotted the bright lights beneath the High Line on Washington St. I stood across the street for a few minutes watching the action -- such as it was; they were filming inside the ambulance, and all I saw was someone shifting from the back to the front repeatedly over several takes.

I didn't recognize either of the actors after filming of the scene was complete, but because of the nature of the scene, I'm sure I'll be able to spot it when the episode airs.

No comments: