Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Mets celebration," New York, May 2007

Several things went so right to get this image. I had my SLR and zoom lens with me on this fine May afternoon at Shea Stadium. My friends and I moved down to box seats behind home plate in the loge level for the final few innings. And as the Mets put runner after runner on base in the bottom of the ninth inning -- which began with a 5-1 Cubs lead -- I began to think that I'd better be ready with the camera if they finished their comeback.

When they did -- on a bases-loaded single by Carlos Delgado (he's No. 21 on the right). David Wright (No. 5, on the left) led the team in celebration, egging on a reserved Delgado, who had been struggling that season (and would for most of the balance of it).

I've not taken a better photo of the action at a Major League ballpark before or since. Not that I won't keep trying ...

No comments: