Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 51 of 365

Walking along 15th St. toward 9th Ave. on Thursday, I took notice of this building on the corner with its vertical white lights on a black silhouette against a deep blue dusk sky. Had I not been five minutes late for work, I would've stopped to take a picture. Though I also realized that had I not been five minutes late for work, I probably wouldn't have seen that moment, because it would've been earlier and the sky perhaps not at that perfect time of blue gradually growing to black.

Twenty-four hours later, it's Friday, and I'm walking to work along 15th St. and note the tint to the sky and the time on my watch. It's just about 6 p.m. Yes, I'm a few minutes late again, but I was originally delayed by the train, so I take two minutes to pause and compose a few shots before moving on through the wind tunnel to work. Those two minutes -- or however long it was -- was enough exposure of my bare right hand to the gales that it hurt considerably as I buried it into my pocket to cross the street and enter the building. It was worth it, though.

No comments: