Friday, June 02, 2006

"Early morning, Lincoln Tunnel," May 2006

"Early morning, Lincoln Tunnel," May 2006

Considering that I'm nearly a month behind on my weekly indulgence of posting photos for challenges, I'll use this one to kill two birds with one stone: it serves as both a passageway and transportation, two recent Thursday challenges I've missed.

Now that I pass through the Lincoln Tunnel 10 times a week for work, I feel like I know it. I used to be fascinated by it -- awed by the feat of engineering it represented, intrigued by the observation booths inside it, surprised by the exit signs and the doors in the walls. I've always imagined a picture inside it, a flash-less exposure with a shutter speed long enough to blur it a little but not so much as to accentuate the inevitable camera shake as the car bumps along the roadway. I took this one in the wee small hours, returning home from a Mets game. Posted by Picasa

No comments: